Monday 24 February 2014

Robert Rauschenberg ROCI! I have always loved the work of Rauschenberg for its raw playfulness and combination of different media. Today I was reminded of that love when I came across his project ROCI or Rauschenberg Overseas Cultural Interchange. Similarly to my work, this project different places and cultures from around the world. Rauschenberg uses a mix of photographs, drawings and painted textures to build his images. The collected and collaged material makes them extremely ephemeral. This is something I hope to achieve in my work. I also like how Rauschenberg uses artistic license when it comes to the colours. Rather than reproducing a photographic representation of a particular place, he uses colour to evoke a feeling and atmosphere that surrounds each location. LOVE IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment