Sunday 20 October 2013

Since one of the main things I want to focus on this semester is print making I made sure I got down to Multiplied 2013 at Christie's gallery in Kensington. The show was great, it gave me lots of inspiration to get in the print room. Here are a few of my favourite things that I saw...



These silk screen prints by Chitra Merchant really struck me. The visual content is fairly similar to what I'm dealing with. The limited colour palette and use of silhouettes and minimal lines creates an air of mystery and a dream like sense about the prints. This is something I definitely felt whilst in Luang Prabang. I really love the overlaying of different textures that create a unified landscape within the images.


Alfonso Albcete. Again, I really love the use of block colours and silhouettes in creating depth and texture.


Katherine Jones, 'Belly Pot'. Lovely surreal mix of structures, organic forms and different lines.


Emma Stibbon. Amazing intaglio prints conjuring vast landscapes made from beautiful printed textures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment