Saturday 26 October 2013

Initially I had thought that my prints may just become posters for UNESCO WHC however I have found that they run an educational programme to help encourage young people to get involved in the preservation of heritage sites. The site states that the aim of the programme is for 

'Young people to  learn about World Heritage sites, about the history and traditions of their own and other cultures, about ecology and the importance of protecting biodiversity. They become aware of the threats facing the sites and learn how the international community as a whole unites to save our common heritage. Most importantly, they discover how they can contribute to heritage conservation and make themselves heard.'

More can be read here

I can see my prints turning into an educational pack as well where some sort of narrative about the town could be involved. Steve and I also spoke about making an illustrative map that could be broken down in some way, perhaps a book or an installation of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment