Friday 31 January 2014

I was introduced to the amazing work of Bernd and Hilla Becher today. The couple produced photographic typologies of German industrial structures. They meticulously photographed thousands of structures in black and white allowing the viewer to appreciate their beauty and innovative construction. I'm not sure where all this is leading, perhaps I could tie this into London somehow...All I know is, I LOVE these images and I definitely want to explore photography further in my project.





From researching these guys, I also found the work of Idris Khan. He is work draws influence from art history and philosophy and often, as shown in the following images, he layers the work of other artists over and over to make new pieces. I found it interesting and inspiring to see how his work had been used as album sleeves for the editors. This is definitely a context that I'd like to see me work in in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment