Monday 27 January 2014

'A house is a machine for living in' Le Corbusier

I've started to become obsessed with photographing all the industrial looking buildings around Wembley and staring at all the sububran wasteland that there is between here and central London. It's such a strange feeling living so close to the city but not quite in it. I'm starting to think I should make work about this. The environment that you inhabit has such an effect on your mental state and I definitely feel more of a shift towards depression whenever i come back to Wembley after being home in Kent.  I proposed this idea to Dave and he suggested looking at areas of London that I could afford to live in and photograph and draw them to give an idea of where people are really living if they're not in central.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment